CEIAG In The Curriculum
Trinity offers Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance in multiple subjects throughout the curriculum.
Click on a subject below or scroll down to see examples of what CEIAG different subjects have offered...
See our full CEIAG Statement here.
- In the Hot Seat - year 9 & 10 students had the opportunity to interview engineers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Career Convention - year 9 girls had the opportunity to visit the GMex to learn about careers within the construction and engineering industries.
- 3D Printing - open to all years. An afterschool presentation led by a PostGrad from University of Manchester into the world of 3D printing. She had examples of 3D printed work and a 3D printer running during the presentation.
- Careers into Construction - Year 10 Product Design students visited a construction site to learn about the varied careers available within the industry.
- HS2 STEM Day - 60 year 9 students took part in various activities all geared towards learning about HS2 and the challenges the designers and engineers working on a project like this need to overcome.
- Careers discussed in food are as follows: Catering, hotel management, Dietician, Hotel personnel, chef, business owners , food technologists, recipe designers, food photographers, sports dieticians, pastry chefs, cake designers.
- Developing a link with the hotel which is currently being built across the road in the future. It will provide the GCSE food students with the opportunity to experience catering and hospitality in a real setting.
- Also, as part of the new curriculum we are looking into having trainee chefs coming in to demonstrate skills to the students, this is a free service available to schools which we learned about at our recent inset.
- Partnership with Salford University as they have a Nursing and Midwifery department.
- Contact did attend the science road show to speak to my students wishing to undertake Nursing and Midwifery upon completion of their GCSEs and A levels.
- She is coming in next year to speak to year 11 about courses they should ideally undertake in College so that they can apply to Salford Uni. She has also offered to come in and give advice on how to apply to Universities.
- Fastbleep Schools programme – Inspiring tomorrows doctors
- IT Apprenticeship Talk
- Barclays IT Girls Allowed event
- Bright Futures - Work Experience
- Stock Market Challenge run by HSBC and Manchester University
- Barclays workshops with KS3
- KAPLAN Accountancy Apprenticeship talk.
- Price Waterhouse Coopers Talk
- 'The Real Game'
- The Money Charity Y9 finance lessons.
- Planetarium visit to school in assciation with the Ogden Trust.
- Science club.
- Science stars day. University of Manchester, Faculty of Life Science.
- University of Manchester Chemistry Dept – Christmas lecture.
- “ From bugs to drugs” School Of Pharmacology – University of Manchester.
- Bill Bryson Prize for Science Communication.
- Outreach – Uni of Manc Chemistry dept. Flash Bang Talk.
- Science Week Extraveganza , Science fair University of Manchester Faculty of Life Science.
- Bronze Crest Award.
- National Science and Engineering awards Final.
- University of Manchester, Faulty of Life Science. Droso4school project.
- Science Live.
- National Science and Engineering awards Final
- University of Manchester, Faculty of Life Science. Droso4school project.
- Antibiotic Resistance project and why study pharmacy. University of Manchester School of Parmacology.
- God and the Big Bang (In conjunction with RE). Dioceses of Manchester.
- Science Careers Fair.
- Crest Gold Award.
The SEND team work closely with City and two groups of students have spent a full week at City exploring how City operates as a business. This includes all the different roles, how they operate, skills needed and compiling their own presentations based on a business area that City wants to develop. This year the brief has been to plan a new hospitality area. We are going to work with them again next year. All students will gain an Entry Level 3 qualification in Business and Enterprise.
- Working towards Inspiring IAG Silver award.
- NCS The Challenge.
- Y8 Two Day Business Enterprise course.
- Work experience.
- Skills Solutions visit.
- SMS Coaching BTEC Sport level 3 talk.
- Manchester Uni – Mentoring Y10 students.
- 'Insight into Law' day at Manchester University.
- Mock Interview Day.
- Individual Interviews with Connexions advisor.
- School Excellence Programme.
- The Challenge – Year 11 Assembly.
- Gateways Programme.
- Oxford University Visit.
- Dux Award Scheme.
- Y9 Enterprise Week.
- Y11 Personal Statements.
- Cathy Fry Challenge.
- Raising Aspirations Programme at Man City FC.
- A’Level course talks form external post university graduates.
- A’Level Taster lessons in core subject areas.
- Manchester University – ‘Success4Life’ initiative.
- NCS the Challenge.
- Fastbleep Schools Programme - Inspiring tomorrow's doctors.
- Partnership with Manchester University.
- Manchester University's Law School.
- Involvement in School University Research Partnership.