What is BTEC Applied Science?
BTEC Applied Science is a Science course that covers Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Both internal and external assessment throughout the course with one opportunity to resit.
Through this course students develop their scientific knowledge and gain invaluable scientific skills to work in a scientific workplace.
Why Study BTEC Applied Science?
- Very enthusiastic and experienced teachers.
- Opportunities to get involved in lots of scientific practical work across Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Learn about a scientific workplace and the jobs and roles within that workplace.
- Excellent success rate with students exceeding expectations.
- Development of wider skills including communication, ICT and problem solving based on real life scientific context.
What Will I Learn?
- Cells and tissues – the building blocks for life. A fascinating insight into the different cells that make you.
- Atoms and their structure – physical and chemical properties.
- Scientific communication skills – the different ways that scientists communicate.
- EScientific practical skills – a whole unit on practical skills ranging from microscopy in biology to making and testing standard solutions in chemistry to measuring with precision in physics.
- Studying a scientific organisation to find out where the science you learned about is used.
What Do I Need to Study BTEC Applied Science?
- Five GCSE Grades A* - C
- Additional Science Grade and Mathematics Grade C Minimum
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Ms O Tattum, Head of Sixth Form
0161 212 1930
Ms R Dunn, Subject Contact for Applied Science