What is Biology?
Biology is the science of life. It is concerned with the characteristics and behaviours of organisms, how species and individuals come into existence, and the interactions they have with each other and with their environment. Understanding Biology is understanding life itself.
Why Study Biology?
- Very enthusiastic and experienced teachers.
- Lots of practical work to help you understand and apply the theory.
- A broad enrichment programme, including visits and working with our partner universities.
- Excellent record of examination results.
What Will I Learn?
- The function of Biological molecules.
- Cell structure and immunity.
- How organisms exchange and transport biological materials.
- Energy transfer.
- Evolution and how organisms respond to internal and external changes.
- The control of gene expression.
What Do I Need to Study Biology?
- Five GCSE Grades A* - C
- GCSE Biology Grade B
- GCSE Additional Science Grade B
- GCSE English Grade C
- GCSE Maths Grade B
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Ms O Tattum, Head of Sixth Form
0161 212 1930
Mr S Cann, Subject Contact for