What is Business Studies?
Business Studies is a Diploma and is equivalent to 2 A Levels.
It can prepare you for a variety of jobs including:
- Human Resources
Why Study Business Studies?
- A broad understanding of the business
economy, organisations and systems,
marketing, human resources, production
and economy and finance.
- Develop skill, knowledge and
understanding applicable to the world of
- Have an opportunity to apply learning in a
practical and realistic way.
- Follow a programme of study that enables
progression to both higher education and
employment in business and finance
- Gain confidence by developing
independent learning skills.
What Will I Learn?
This course will appeal to those students who:
- Enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experience.
- Want to find out more about the subject
through personal investigation.
- Are interested in developing an
understanding of business theories and concepts.
- Want to study a course that is active and
- Want to move onto a related career or
higher education course.
The assessment is a mixture of internal and external assessments, including examinations and controlled assessment activities.
What Do I Need to Study Business Studies?
The most important thing that you need in order to take GCE Business Studies is a lively and enquiring mind, an interest in the world of business and finance, a willingness to explore new ideas and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively. It is not a requirement that you should have studied GCSE Business in order to take the GCE Business Studies in the subject.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Ms O Tattum, Head of Sixth Form
0161 212 1930
Mr D Sinnott, Subject Contact for