What is Chemistry?
Chemistry is a study of all the materials in the world. Exciting products such as new fabrics for sportswear, laptops and state of the art mobile phones are dependent on Chemistry. It gives us an understanding of how things work and how they can be made. It is responsible for advances in the quality and comfort of our lives. It is the science behind the magic of technology and it underpins all of the other sciences.
Why Study Chemistry?
- Experienced and enthusiastic teachers.
- Lots of practical work to help you understand and apply the theory.
- A broad enrichment programme, including visits and working with our partner universities.
- Excellent record of examination results.
What Will I Learn?
- Atomic Structure and Bonding.
- Energy, Kinetics, Equilibria.
- Periodicity– studying groups in the periodic table in detail.
- Organic Chemistry including proteins and DNA.
- Analytical Chemistry including Spectroscopy and Chromatography.
- Methods and tests for compound synthesis and analysis.
- Preparing Electrochemical cells.
What Do I Need to Study Chemistry?
- Five GCSE Grades A* - C
- GCSE Biology Grade B
- GCSE Additional Science Grade B
- GCSE English Grade C
- GCSE Maths Grade B
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Ms O Tattum, Head of Sixth Form
0161 212 1930
Ms N Thomson, Subject Contact for