Sport & Physical Education
What is Sport & Physical Education?
Btec Sport is a subject that can leader to careers such as:
- Sports coach
- Fitness instructor
- Personal trainer
- Primary school teacher
- PE teacher
- Sports nutritionist
- Sports psychologist
- Sports development officer
Why Study Sport & Physical Education?
This course provides an excellent opportunity for those wishing to pursue a career in sport or those who want to gain a level 3 qualification in an activity they enjoy. During the course students will;
- Understand and study a wide range of issues within the sports industry
- Develop their practical sports skills and leadership skills
- Develop their organisational skills and independent learning through coursework management
- Develop their communication skills through presentations
- Develop their IT skills through use of video production, editing and other software
What Will I Learn?
- Anatomy and Physiology. Externally assessed
- Sport Leadership. Internal assessment
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport & well being. External
- Professional development in the Sports
What Do I Need to Study Sport & Physical Education?
This is a level 3 qualification which is the equivalent of an A level. Students must have a keen interest in sport and PE, 5 GCSEs at grade C or above. A grade B in GCSE PE or a Merit in level 2 BTEC in Sport.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Ms O Tattum, Head of Sixth Form
0161 212 1930
Mr L Pickerill, Subject Leader for PE