Year 10 Home Page
HOME Young Creatives
Every year, HOME Young Creatives will be putting on an amazing series of free workshops, projects and commissioning opportunities which will be led by industry professionals.
Your creative career starts here!
See the HOME Website or click the logo for more information.
Important Dates and Documents
All students, at the end of Year 10, have a one-week work experience placement. This is intended to be a general introduction to the world of work, not training for a future career. Pupils have the choice of either finding their own work placement or selecting one from the school list.
Work Experience Information and Downloads
What is involved?
- Work Experience week runs from Monday 4th July to Friday 8th July 2016.
- Students spend one week on their placement in a
workplace, experiencing the world of work, working with
adults, completing a diary and evaluating the experience.
- Employers write a report at the end of the work experience
- Students will be visited by teachers whilst on their
A Student's Guide to Work Experience
Information for Parents
Letter to Employers
- Most successful placements occur when the student and family organise their own – this is called a ‘Self Placement’;
- The time to start looking for a Self Placement is NOW, as places rapidly become booked up because of the competition for places;
- Placements can be in a range of jobs – as long as it is safe. Students will not be allowed to operate machinery;
- Some types of employment are very popular, eg sports centres, Manchester City Stadium, etc – you must approach these employers now to have a chance of securing a place.
Self placement form (PDF Document)
Top of Page