May Half Term
The school remained open for children of key workers and vulnerable students over the May half term break. We were blessed with a week of glorious sunshine and our students took part in a range of fun activities, such as:
- Monday – Creating a structure out of spaghetti, marshmallows, and blu-tack to hold a 360g bar of chocolate, an egg parachute challenge and a Trinity ‘Wimbledon’ competition.
- Tuesday – Treasure hunt, a game of French boules and ink blowing.
- Wednesday – Developing jumping skills, baking chocolate chip cookie cakes, playing the steel pans and a ‘pentomino’ challenge.
- Thursday – Relay quiz, craft skills and an escape room activity.
- Friday – Cricket extravaganza, a game of ultimate frisbee and kitchen chemistry.
There was one activity that took place throughout the whole week; a research project on climate change. Students were given time to work on this throughout the week and then made their presentations on the Friday.
Read more in our newsletter…