“Make Your Mark”
Continuing with the political theme…last week, members of the Trinity Student Council launched the “Make Your Mark” Youth Council initiative with all Trinity students in assemblies. This gave our students an opportunity to decide what Members of the Youth Parliament debate in November, 2018, within the House of Commons. The five most voted for issues were:
- Tackling homelessness.
- Giving equal pay for equal work.
- Putting an end to knife crime.
- Improving mental health services.
- Giving 16 and 17 year olds the right to vote.
- Making public transport cheaper, better and accessible for all.
All of the votes were counted and submitted to the Youth Council. Our thanks go to Cerys, Zachary, Anael, Callum and Ebyan for all of their hard work in giving our students a voice within the House of Commons.
Read more in our newsletter…