Staying Safe in School
We would like to reassure parents that the school is adhering to all government guidelines to make school a safe and secure place for students to learn and for staff to teach and support our students. Copies of our risk assessment and September protocol can be found on our website:
Messages outlining new procedures in school have been given to our students this week and we would also like to remind parents of the following:
- Transport to school. You will need to update your child about regulations regarding travelling on public transport and to also check timetables.
- The students will be spending more time outside and therefore will need a coat to protect them from the rain.
- Apart from a pencil case, students will also need a bottle of hand sanitiser to carry with them. These will also be available for purchase in school. Students entitled to free school meals will receive one free bottle.
- The school has issued all students with a ‘mini whiteboard’ pack (free of charge). Students will need to carry this in a school bag which will fit an A4 wallet folder in as well as PE kit, books etc.
- Full school uniform is expected – please visit the uniform section on the school website for further details.
- Students need to have a plain face covering to wear when moving around the school.
The photos below show just some of the new features to keep everyone safe in school, such as hand sanitising stations, zones in the playground and photos of our students on their first day back on Thursday, 3rd September:
Read more in our newsletter…